Friday, February 26, 2010

At Least One Person Reads This

I was looking over my old blogs awhile ago, and I noticed how many of them include "I'm having trouble sleeping." I started wondering why that occurs so often. I decided that it came down to one of three things: 1. Sleepiness induced delirium makes me want to blog; 2. My sleeplessness is caused by something that's weighing on my mind; and/or 3. I'm always tired. At any rate, I feel confident saying that the majority of my blogs are written while I'm tired and/or drinking. I fit at least one criterion right now.

I got an internship that's absolutely perfect in every way. It's amazing how happy it makes me.

I've been thinking about romantic relationships a lot lately. Well, to be honest, it's not a lot when compared to most people, but it is a lot compared to my normal rate. I'm not sure why. I'm very happy being single. I guess it's because I feel so fulfilled in every other aspect of my life, and I'd like someone to make me even happier. Maybe it's JT's adventures.

A few days ago, after I finished reading a book, a little blurb popped into my head. As someone who is not particularly adept at fiction, I didn't quite know what to do with it. As I mulled it over, I realized it perhaps related to me as much as any fictional person in my head. I have, of course, forgotten it, but I shall try to reproduce what I remember here. "You wonder if you can ever have a normal relationship. You think of the books with love stories that call to you, incite your imagination. They're not the normal ones. Shakespeare, Austen, that Harlequin crap, none of that appeals to you. It's only those Modern and Postmodern tales, with their fucked up romances, that you enjoy. It probably says something about you. You're not sure you want to think about it. As much as you hate Keats, you wonder if he's right that nothing can ever live up to the anticipation." I'm pretty sure it was more poignant when I first thought of it.

I miss having friends. Obviously, I have friends, but they don't live here. Some are from college, and have spread out depending on school and jobs, and most of the ones from high school have had the good sense to move away. The few that remain I rarely see. Some just have inconvenient lives, some are conditional friends, seeing me only when there's no one else, or when JT is here, or when certain things in their lives are not happening. At least I'll see LM this weekend.

ND: Thanks for reading! That goes for other people too, but I'm pretty sure ND is the only one.

No comments:

Post a Comment