Thursday, April 15, 2010

A Conglomerate of Unrelated Things

I update this much more sporadically than I'd like. I guess I just find my life uninteresting.

I'm pretty self-aware. Though my flaws are numerous, if you see one, chances are I know about it, and either have been working on it or, more likely, just don't care.

While I usually take criticism well, it really frustrates me if I don't think I deserve it.

I was looking at the word "musketeer" the other day, and thinking about how some words have completely lost their original meaning. "Awesome" means "good" or "cool" instead of "inspiring awe." "Hopefully" means "I hope" instead of "done with hope." I'm sure most people I know think "prodigal" means "returning" or "long gone."

I miss my friends.

I spent a long time talking to my mom tonight. It was nice.

I think I wrote this entry mostly to obliquely vent about work. I can't remember what the other things were, though, so I guess it's served its purpose.

I like writing for other people so much more than writing for myself. It's probably why I failed at least five times at keeping a diary, but love writing letters.

If you're reading this, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment