Saturday, December 12, 2009

I really should be over this by now.

I love Classics. I can talk for hours about any number of classical things. I especially love the Roman Civil War. Last night, as I was starting to nod off to sleep, I was thinking of names that have been around for millennia. (Oddly, my spell check does not think that's a word. It needs to go back to Latin class.) One of the names I thought of was Claudia. That, of course, made me think of Clodia, who was born Claudia. Clodia was the plebeian version of the patrician Claudia. Her brother, Clodius, got them adopted into the plebeian branch of the family so he could be Tribune of the Plebs. He wanted to do so because they got veto power over the laws.

When I thought of that, I got so excited I couldn't sleep. Super nerdiness achieved!

No comments:

Post a Comment